Adobe Output Designer
Design professional-looking document templates
Adobe® Output Designer software is a WYSIWYG design tool that enables you to create electronic document templates for use with the Adobe Central Output Server family of products. Using Output Designer, you can create electronic documents that exactly replicate even the most complex existing paper documents quickly and easily.
How it works
In Output Designer, the document template takes shape on the screen as it is drawn. All the features, such as text, fields, lines, boxes, and logos and their attributes, such as fonts and shading, appear onscreen as they will when printed. User-defined grids enable the precise placement of fields and text. Output Designer allows you to preview the presentation of your data to ensure it is properly merged with the document template.
Output Designer supports dynamic subforms, allowing the look and feel of the document to be dynamically controlled by the data. As a result, you can incorporate personalized messaging into customer documents to upsell additional products and services — all for a fraction of the printing and mailing costs typically associated with targeted marketing programs.
Electronic document templates produced using Output Designer are for multiplatform use, providing optimal flexibility in deploying your documents. Also, the Output Designer process produces printer macros that are used to significantly improve printing throughput. A single document design can be used with multiple printer types (for example, Adobe PostScript®, PCL5, PCL-XL, Adobe PDF, etc.), and in each case, printer language-specific macros are generated for optimum productivity.
With the easy-to-use interface of Output Designer, formatting attributes on the document template are set using pop-up windows and drawing toolbars. They are easily moved, changed, added, or deleted using a mouse. No programming is required to make formatting or layout changes.
Page sizes, font types, line spacing, justification, shading, logos, and bar codes are all specified within the template itself, which is independent of the application providing the data. Because formatting is stored in the template created by Output Designer and not in the application, only the data is transmitted across the network. The background graphics and text are transmitted to the printer only once. Because no graphics are being transmitted, this results in a significant reduction in network traffic and an increase in printer speed.
- Supports dynamic subforms, allowing data-driven document construction that can be personalized to individual customers
- Includes full font support, as well as shaded text, rotated text, variable leading, embedded logos, watermarks, and color
- Supports most popular graphics formats including PCX, TIFF, WMF, PostScript, BMP, and JPEG
- Supports most common barcode formats, including UPC-A, 2 of 5, 3 of 9, Code 128, Codebar, EAN 8 and 13, and U.S. and Australian postal
- Supports multiple languages, including DBCS languages
Feeling the pressure to automate more processes electronically?
Adobe LiveCycle® Enterprise Suite is an integrated enterprise server solution you can use to extend the reach of your business processes to engage customers, partners, or suppliers.
- Award-winning XML template design environment
- Industry leader in interactive forms and electronic document processing
- Unified suite with document generation, process orchestration, rights management, and more
- Robust support for interactive, on-demand, or high volume batch output processes
Find out more about LiveCycle and Central Solutions. Click Here.